Mersen USA ACE Corp
540 Branch Drive
Salem, VA 24153
Document Control Specialist / Quality Inspector
Nonexempt (hourly employee): $18.00 - $24.00/hour (based on experience)
The document control specialist / quality inspector position:
Collects, maintains and distributes all documents necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes that insure conformance to customer requirements, regulatory standards and Mersen USA ACE Corp quality programs; develops and maintains
a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be retained in the document control center; manages the operation of the document control center to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely
Perform inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures of incoming materials, parts and components used in the manufacture of components, partially assembled or finished components. Perform review of quality records for release of finished goods.
Other Desirable Skills / Attributes:
- Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes.
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
- Maintain a computer database of all filed documentation that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
- Generate documents as necessary, i.e. ASME manufacturer’s data reports, certificates of compliance, data books, internal logbooks for monthly quality performance reporting, etc...
- Conduct internal audits to the requirements of ISO-9001/ISO-14001 quality manuals, procedures, work instructions and audit checklists.
- Foster and maintain an effective liaison role with the customer, and associated regulatory agencies, including, but limited to, quality assurance representatives and technical support staff.
- Perform inspections of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished Mersen USA ACE Corp products according to defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical and/ or electrical measurements.
- Interact with manufacturing and manufacturing support groups in the detection and resolution of quality problems. Determine and implement effective correction actions as required to avoid repeat non-conformances.
- Be able to perform dye penetrant testing (PT) according to company certified PT procedures and maintain company appointed certifications according to Mersen USA ACE Corp NDE policies and procedures.
- Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and maintain calibration of all test equipment and fixtures as identified in the calibration database.
- Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
- Participate in the development and/or revision of ASME Quality Control and ISO-9001/ISO-14001 Quality Manuals, SOPs, and WI’s for the production, engineering and quality inspection functions.
- Assist in writing and updating quality manuals, procedures, work instructions and checklists.
- Work with production management and Quality to provide feedback to assemblers regarding accuracy of assembly procedures.
- Perform review of quality history records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and Good Documentation Practices.
- Coordinate internal corrective action requests and help audit the effectiveness of internal corrective actions.
- Perform any other duties required or requested.
Required Education, Training Skills and Experience Requirements
- Prior direct / hands-on experience with establishing and implementing Quality Assurance techniques and controls in milling, turning, grinding, honing, broaching and the assembly of electro-mechanical devices environments is essential.
- Thorough working familiarity, understanding and application of the principles of GD&T for part tolerancing and inspection.
- Above average technical writing and communication skills, including presentation skills to technical and non-technical personnel, are essential.
- Consistently demonstrates solid work ethic and commitment to personal and professional growth as a quality professional.
- Must be a good listener, analytical thinker and have the ability to effectively communicate and deal with people at all levels of the Company.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a working knowledge of Windows based programs, MS Office and Internet Explorer. Previous experience with other related business and technical programs is desirable.
- Minimum Associates Degree with 2 – 5 years practical experience or high school diploma or equivalent with 5 – 7 years’ experience.
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good arithmetic skills are required.
- Mechanical aptitude desired.
- 2+ years Quality Control experience in Receiving / In-Process Inspection
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments and calibration procedures.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001, ISO-14001, and ASME / National Board requirements.
- General proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. However, this position shall provide guidance, leadership and direction on Quality Assurance matters to peers, direct reports and others involved with product development, quality assurance, planning, sales
and marketing functions as required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.